Going on vacation? Upcoming business trip? Need someone to walk your pets so you can do lunch with the girls?
Book a free consult with our pet sitters!
Taking care of dogs, cats, birds, and all creatures big and small in the Cedar Rapids, Marion, Robins, Toddville, and Hiawatha areas.
For pet visits in Center Point, Ely, Fairfax, Walford, and Swisher we will need to add additional charges for mileage and gas.
Daily care for your loved pets while you're at work or away.
20-30 Minute Visit: Includes feeding, refilling water, let outs, accident cleanup, playtime, a treat, and of course ample pets.
Additional Services beyond the basic package
15-20 minute walk around your neighborhood
Sorry folks, it's a liability insurance issue
Yeah we do that :)
If your pet(s) require care that goes beyond our 20-30 minute visit we will discuss a service charge that will be added to your bill.
This is the added fee (per visit) for those living in Fairfax, Center Point, Swisher, and Ely.
All services must be paid in advance. Sorry no exceptions.
Let us know if you’d like to use our Tails & Feathers punch cards! Buy ten visits, get one free! Be sure to leave your card out at each visit so we check the boxes.
We love it when our clients refer their friends and family! If someone you refer sets up pet sitting visits with us, you both receive one FREE visit!
****Please keep your Time to Pet account up to date for our sitters. This is our go to for all of your pet and household instructions******
Policies that will go into effect Jan 1st 2020
-We do ask that when you’re making arrangements for visits, that you go through Time to Pet rather than texting. It makes it easier to track appointments.
-All kitty visits will need to be done daily, no every other day visits
-Sabrina will accompany all sitters and train them for the first visit with your pet. If you’d like to meet sitters prior to your trip, please let me know. This will not be a requirement. All sitters have passed background checks and have gone through the interview process prior to the start of pet sits.
-We ask that you regularly look over your Time to Pet account to make sure all information is current and relevant. We don’t want to miss anything while you’re away and this is the best way to do so.
-Please update us on new security systems and cameras
-We strongly recommend 3 visits per day for all dogs in our care.
-For pets with care that takes longer than our basic 20-30 minutes there will be an additional fee of $5 per visit.
-All invoices must be paid in full either at or before our first appointment. No exceptions.
· All cancellations must be done 24 hours prior to start of visit. If you cancel late, you will not be credited for the visit(s) in that time frame.
Late Booking Policy
· If you require a visit within 24 hours (and you’ve already met with staff and have created an account, and we are able to accommodate your request, you will be charged a $5.00 convenience fee.
Rainy Day Policy
· If we have inclement weather (lightning, storms, snow emergency, temp warnings, etc.), walks will be cancelled and/or midday appointments if we are unable to get to your home.
· We also do not walk if it is above 90 or below 15 degrees.
****2021 weather has been a bit of an issue, we will try our best to make to all of our visits but we do ask that you let a neighbor know you will be away. This is to ensure the safety of our sitters
· For safety and comfort of our sitters, we do ask that you inform us of cameras and security systems.
· All communication must go through Time to Pet for documentation purposes. We also request that if you are messaging us you do so through Sabrina.
· Clients receive sitter’s cell phone numbers for emergencies and when quick contact needs to be made.
· All payments are required at the start of service; no exceptions.
· You can leave a check (payable to Sabrina Atkinson or Tails & Feathers), cash, or go through the Time to Pet invoice (PayPal).
-We do not offer refunds but we do credit your account for future visits.
· We do ask that you let at least one neighbor know we will be doing visits, so they don’t think anything suspicious is going on.
· We also ask that you inform your vet that you will be gone and that we will be taking care of your little ones. We do this just in case something were to happen and we needed to take your loved one to the doctor.
· Please let us know if you would prefer us not to take photos of your pet.
· We occasionally use photos for advertisement purposes.
· We do post photos to the website, Instagram, and Facebook
· We will also send them to you at the end of each visit.
Solo Sitter Policy
· We do ask that you let us know if you are expecting anyone to stop by while we are caring for your little ones. We are insured but your guest is not. This means that we do not enter the home if someone unknown to us is present.
· If the owner is home, we ask that you let us know prior to visit. We do not typically stop by if you will be home unless you are unable to care for your pet.
Hi! My name is Sabrina and I’m the proprietor of Tails & Feathers Playcare. I grew up with cats, birds, lizards, frogs, scorpions, and the occasional tarantula. My aunt would often take care of friend’s dogs while they were away so technically, I was a pet sitting assistant from a young age.
In 2011, after working several jobs and not finding anything I was passionate about, a friend of the family asked me if I would care for her pups over the Thanksgiving holiday. That was the moment I decided to pursue pet sitting. I chose a name, found the proper insurance, and printed out some flyers. Since then, we’ve grown to care for over 500 animals and over 150 families. We have also built up an amazing team of sitters.
Over the years, as Tails & Feathers grew, we added a few kitties to our family. We started out with our sweet three-legged kitty, Louie, then we added a sister kitty, Marie. After a sudden illness, we lost our Lou at only seven years old, we knew Marie was lonely without him. We decided to foster two small kittens who had been bottle babies through S.A.I.N.Ts Rescue. Within a month of being here, we knew they were a part of our little family. So now we have Marie (our queen), and two defense against the dark arts professors: Alister (our gray, one-eyed guy) and Remus (our little orange fellow).
The Tails & Feathers Team can’t wait to work with you and your family!
My name is Hailey!
I am 26 years old and have been a RVT for 4 years and a pet owner my whole life. I have 4 little fur babies and love them with my whole heart!!
I am passionate for caring for animals and love to snuggle them!!
“My name is Vicki, my husband and I currently have a coonhound named Lucy from CVHS. We also have 3 cats in our household – 2 that have FIV (Walternate & Jamie) who we adopted from Witty Kitties where I volunteered for over 7 years until they closed; & one with a permanent spine injury. At the beginning of September 2020, we added 6 baby chicks to our household & are now living in the coop that we built in the backyard.
I have almost always had some type of animal in the household from dogs, cats, hamsters, a lizard, a turtle, fish, & now chickens. I have always loved animals & am very excited to be able to help others with theirs so they can feel more at ease that they are being cared for when they cannot be with them.”
My name is Cassandra Chavez. I have lived in Marion, IA my whole life. Growing up I had many different species of pets-- dogs, cats, lizards, birds, rats, bunnies, the list goes on! I've always loved animals, so much so that after I graduated High School I went to Kirkwood College to become a Certified Veterinary Technician. I enjoyed that career for 7 years. During that time, I also worked part time as an In-Home Pet Sitter in the Iowa City / Coralville area.
Life took me on a new path and I started a new career in 2015 as a Paralegal. Even though I love my current career, I've always missed being a Pet Sitter. I am happy to join the Tails & Feather team and help care for your pets!
Sign up to receive our newsletter, and updated specials and events.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
(319) 521-6356/ Smca23@hotmail.com Pet Sitting Hours: 630am-1030pm Communication Hours: Monday-Friday Phone calls: 9-6pm Return calls: 3-6pm Text/Email: 9-630pm Pet sitting requests will be processed Monday-Friday. www.tailsandfeathersplaycare.com
Daily 6:30am to 1030pm
By Appointment Only